Wednesday, September 20, 2006

El Hugeo Pregnant Bellyo
























In the above photo, let me show you the hugest belly in the world. I am so pregnant the skin on my stomach literally aches from being so stretched. I am WAY bigger than I ever was with Gabriel…which makes me a mite apprehensive as to exactly how big this child is going to be. Seeing as I’m the one who gets to deliver it, and all.

I get ALL SORTS of comments on my stomach all the time, ranging from one extreme to the other. I have people tell me I am SO LITTLE, and other people on the same day tell me that there is no way I am making it to my due date because I look too pregnant. I’ve had one woman ask me if I was anorexic (Sigh. No.), but after she saw me eat lunch she informed me that I eat more that she thought I would. Thanks for that. I had one guy the other day at church tell me that I looked more pudgy this time. :) Oh, man, thanks!! That is JUST what a woman wants to hear. :) I had somebody yesterday tell me I looked so great , but I had one nurse tell me the other week that “Not to be rude, but I was the weirdest looking pregnant person” that she had ever seen, since I was carrying low. Oh, that’s nice, too. :) SO many people inform me, after seeing me one time, that I have dropped. And I’m like – um, actually, no I haven’t, but I’ll just smile and accept your opinion. The hilarity of it all is that most of these people have either just met me, or I have seen only a few times. A pregnant belly is a hot topic of conversation.

Poor Gabe doesn’t remember he used to be able to fit in Mom’s lap, without all the squirming and readjusting to make himself comfortable.

As long as I can make it three more weeks from today, I don’t have to work any holidays. I’m sure I’ll make it, honestly. I’ll probably go over my due date. Even though I feel vastly huge, I will honestly be surprised if he comes early, just because most babies don’t.

Thirty-five weeks, three days, and counting...

4 comments:

Aimee said...

Oh, Carrie . . . yeah I know . . .

Your face on this pic looks so much like your Mom . . . Maybe it's partly having your hair up too . . .

Oh, sorry, maybe you didn't want to hear that either . . .

Praying for ya, cousin!

Anonymous said...

Carrie, bless your little pregnant heart. And your pregnant lower back and your aching legs and bless your pregnant nerves. Put some cotton in your ears so you miss all those annoying comments from total strangers. from Joyce (33 weeks and 6 days)

Carrie said...

Thanks Aimee! :) I'm happy to take after my purty momma!!! :)

Carrie said...

Thanks, Joycie! My pregnant nerves are blessed. How is your poor pregnant house remodeling body treating you these days?