Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Hmmm.





















Hmmm. So. For my both-babies-sleeping-me-time today, I could:

1. Clean the house.
2. Wash the dishes.
3. Do laundry.
4. Decorate for Christmas.
5. Update waaaaayyyyy behind picture albums.
6. Have devotions.
7. Bring down 3-6 month clothes from attic and bring in new storage boxes still out in mini-van and get baby clothes switched out.
8. Clean out mini-van.
9. Plan a budget for the next two months.
10. Relax.

Hmm. My life is FULL of exciting choices.

Let me ask. Where, in fact, does the day go? It is amazing how little I can get accomplished in my waking hours besides holding the baby and feeding my family. I do a little cleaning, and by the end of day it's hard to see. It possibly has something to do with the following:

1. One pile of tupperware lids on the bathroom floor.
2. One unrolled toilet paper pile on the bathroom floor.
3. One shelf load of books "helpfully" emptied off the bookshelf to "read".















4. Two piles of cushions excitedly pulled off the the couch and chair to throw oneself on.
5. One drawer of said tupperware lids emptied over the kitchen floor while mom works.
6. Partial contents of toybox scattered over living room floor.

These facts don't help anything.

Here's another thing I am noticing. Gabe likes to do "bad" things (ie. open the X-box and play with the tray) while I am feeding Israel and am rather hindered. "No's" translate into bemused gazes during disobedience. Which translates into decisions - do I address this disobedience or wake my almost sleeping baby? So several times this morning, I had one temporarily room-bound screamer, whilst his baby brother is screaming wherever he was temporarily placed. A fine morning it was.

No comments: