Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Wanna House?






































>














">




Today we had two house showings. Now we just need to see some money, people. Come on, now.

******

Yesterday morning I went and crawled into Gabriel's toddler bed with him when he woke up and did his "Mommy, Mommy! Where's my Mommy?!" routine that he does in the morning. I just had to laugh, because the expression on his face was so dumbfounded when I laid down beside him; he kind of reared back and just stared at me in sheer disbelief. His Mommy had never been in bed beside him before!! Then we had to read a book. While I was there, and all. :)

*******

There are some words that I persist in repeating so Gabe keeps using them. When I point to a picture of a pig I say "Piggie." And Gabe says, "Piggie" with his cute little voice. I also talk about things being "warm and cozy", just to hear him talk about "cozy" socks. I have to seriously hold myself back from saying "Do you want another one book?", since that is how he talks - "Can I have another one pac-ey?", and I think it's adorable and I don't want it to stop. :)

*******

On the topic of crying babies. I think I have figured out a routine that works for me. Today, I have laid Israel down awake for every nap. I wait until he is literally right on the edge of sleep, eyelids drooping shut, usually after I have nursed him, and then I lay him down at the head of the crib. Which wakes him back up, but that's fine. I'm fine laying him down as long as I know that he is ready to go to sleep. Before, I felt like I was guessing when he was ready, and I hated the thought that I might have been laying him down before he was ready. Then I go in and check on him and pat him every 3-5 minutes, and each time, I pull him down a few inches, so he doesn't have to fall asleep in a pile of crying drool.

He's cried about an average of 10-15 minutes, but it has just not bothered me like it did, since I know for sure that he is ready, and I know I can go give him some pats and kisses, and I know that he isn't having to fall asleep in a pile of wetness. So I'm feeling much better about that. He had 2 45-minute naps today, and then had to be awakened from his evening one since we had to leave for the evening showing, but he was a happy buddy anyways.

I fed him more food today, and he did much better with his rage management issues. :) He is swallowing well, and would quite happily down about 3 jars of food, no questions asked, if Mommy participated in such a gorge-fest. I gave him a bottle of water this evening, and he thought that was pretty nifty, too. My kid is just pretty much pro anything food related. :) As one can tell...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, look at your house all sparkling clean! Impressive. Bet it's hard to keep it that way between showings! That would be so annoying for me! I guess you heard about Martin and Sylvia's baby, Elliot? My first nephew! Candice

Cottonista said...

Wow, what a cute little house. You have it looking great! Who wouldn't want to buy it? I have always loved your pumpkin color in the front entry/dining area. I copied it at our old house in our front hallway, hope ya don't mind.

Carrie said...

Candice - Yes, enjoy it in pictures, cause it ain't always quite that purty. I hadn't heard! Yay!

Thanks Joyce! I like to start fads of sort... :) After all, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...(I'm taking it personally...strut strut strut)