Sunday, February 25, 2007

My lips are numb. I've been sitting here for about 10 minutes making "Bbbbbbbbbb" rolly-lip noises while humming tunes and bouncing Israel in the bouncer with my right foot. But the unthinkable has happened and he has actually fallen asleep with minimal effort, numb lips aside. Bbbbbbb.

Fusser has been mite fussy recently for some reason. Yesterday when I worked, he didn't sleep much at all, but today he slept this afternoon for about 3 1/2 to 4 hours. I was very glad for him. My beloved husband let me sleep, too, for about 2 hours, and took over the all-important Sustaining the Baby's Sleep activities. Two blessed hours. This is how I know he loves me. Actually, that was my day before Valentine's Day gift too, even though it wasn't meant for that purpose. Honestly, it made me feel more cared for than about anything else could have.

I've just gotten so tired again. The other night Israel woke about 6-7 times due to congestion and an unbeknownst wet shirt, and then the night after that I had to work, and he woke up for the second time at about 5 and kept waking up so that I couldn't go back to sleep until I had to get up at 6, and then I worked a 12 hour shift that can somehow EXHAUST me. I fell asleep in my chair last night, I was so tired.

Today in church the worship team sang "I Need Thee Every Hour", and in the chorus "I need Thee, oh I need Thee, EVERY HOUR I need Thee," that phrase was my amen-and-amen-and-amen. We are so in survival mode.

On a lighter note - so my 4 month old and my 2 1/2 year old are now one diaper size apart. Oh, yes. Israel is in a size 4 diaper, and Gabe is in 5's. :) Someone around here is a mite tubby. Actually, Gabe is pretty lean, so that is one reason.

And now I'm going to go check on the Oscar's....Toodles.

1 comment:

Cottonista said...

Way to go Tim for letting your wife take a nap! Jason let me sleep in yesterday morning--or rather, I told him I was going to, and when I woke up, the kids were cared for and the kitchen was cleaned. Right now, the gift of rest is more special than flowers or chocolate.