Friday, April 25, 2008

Random Plethora of Prattling

Tonight Tim and I had wide grins on our faces as we ate our dinner. Gabe was looking out the window and talking about our 60+ year old neighbor driving around on his lawn tractor with a sleeveless shirt as "the man with the muscles". Laugh out loud. :) :) :) He did have big arms, but it likely had more to do with the spare tire that circled his middle.

Last night I stopped at the end of the driveway to get our mail, and was paging happily through it (I love mail) when the last two envelopes sort of stuck together. I peeled them apart - TO FIND A BIG FUZZY SPIDER building a cozy little nest. YEEEECCCCHHHHH!!!!!!!

Yesterday Israel dumped half a bottle of baby wash on my bathroom floor and new rug, poured out an entire container of mixed nuts into his bowl/kitchen floor, and then dumped the nuts on my freshly vacuumed carpet. Sigh. And the snot that kid has coming out of his nose!!!!!!!!!! He has been teething for, like, 27 years. And the endless fusses for juice, milk, juice, milk, juice, milk, and tootsie rolls!!!! I find myself heaving a sigh of relief these days when I finally tuck him into bed for the night. I sure do love him, though.

My body seems to believe that I'm eating for at least four, instead of merely two. I seem to be rather snarfy lately, bemusedly watching myself easily down about twice as much as I normally eat. The baby, it seems, weighs a mere 6 oz. Hmmm. I'm sure he's getting it all, anyways. :) Maybe. Somehow.

Gabe seems to shed clothes like skin cells. He loves dearly to be buck naked and streaking around the yard. And there seems to be no better place to pee.

SPEAKING OF WHICH - GABRIEL IS POTTY TRAINED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank You, JESUS!!!! Actually he has been basically potty trained since the weekend of Tim's installation. I don't know if it was all the positive affirmation from all the different people, or what, but something clicked. We had eaten lunch that Saturday, and he started talking about riding the 50 cent horse at Walmart, and I told him that when he poops in the potty I would give him quarters and when he had enough, he could go ride the horse. His eyes lit up and he pulled off his pants and zipped into the bathroom. Then he and Granddaddy zoomed off to Walmart and came back with a new plastic wheelbarrow as the horse had relocated....and he has been happily using the potty ever since. I still put a diaper on him at night, because he doesn't make it all night, but.....so wonderful.

Last week, (? I think?) in all his teethingness, Israel woke bright eyed and bushy tailed at 6 AM, 5:20 AM, and 6:30 AM three days in a row. Sick. Now there was a bleary eyed Mommy.

3 comments:

Kathy Beachy said...

I get tired just reading your blog. There must be something about Gabe's age and nakedness.

Anonymous said...

hey carrie just catching up on the last couple posts and i see your having another boy!! congratulations im sure gabe and israel will love having a little brother to gang up on and pick on =) and how cool that gabe is potty trained! that will make your busy life just a little bit easier. now to start training # 2 right. =) i am dreading starting all over again. have a great week!

Lynette Polinder said...

I was laughing out loud so many times while reading through your blog.