Sunday, September 16, 2007

Happenings

One of the things I really enjoy about my second child is that he is generally a great sleeper. And an early one. He likes to go to sleep between 8 and 9 PM. Gabe has always been more of a night owl just naturally. And Israel has been generally sleeping all night, despite Gabe's cough fests that have been occurring a mere three feet from his little earsies. Ahhhhh. Sigh of luxury. Just gives me that much more of an evening.

I seem to be done breastfeeding. Not necessarily voluntarily, but between traveling, vacation and work, I had been sort of inadvertently cutting out some feedings, and then yesterday, I didn't really have anything to offer to hungry babes all day. :( Oh well. It's ok, it's just another step of him moving on out of baby-ness, which I have clung to a bit more dearly this time, because it seems to go so quick. That cuddly, soft, snuffling, giggling, clutching baby stage.

1 comment:

Cottonista said...

Helen weaned herself at 8 1/2 months. She was too interested in what else was going on to stay on task. To me, it wasn't worth fighting her. I was sad for about a day (?) and then I got over it.