Friday, July 18, 2008

Friends

Just a few years ago, two of my very best friends lived with me in Virginia, and we were 17, 18, and 20. We talked at length and often of love, of life, and other important things.
And we had the coolest sense of style, EVER.
Today we are 29, 30, and 32. One lives in North Africa, one lives in Thailand...and then there's the boring one who lives in Delaware. :) We got to meet up again and speak at length of life, of love, and other important things. Such as pregnant bellies. We are all pregnant at the same time with our third child, all of them boys.Carmen and I are due on the same day, October 2. Candice is due next month.

I sure do love you guys. You have been such a priceless, important piece of life for me.

Meanwhile, "back on the farm"....the kiddos were having a peachy keen time of it. Driving skid loaders and the like...
or watching boys drive skid loaders...
eating popcorn and watching Grandma's cool dairy farm video...
helping Granddaddy cut a tree limb that had fallen into the road...
riding in the back of Granddaddy's truck from the garage to the house...
playing in one's dinosaur blanket drying on the clothesline...
or riding in the wagon...a great time was had by all.

On Saturday when I came, I brought another beloved friend :) Emily from Arlington, and totally forgot to take pictures of her (which she truthfully probably doesn't mind one single iota :)). Here she is pulling Israel in the wagon.
We came on Saturday to come to my Grandma's 84th birthday party BBQ and I also forgot to take any pictures of Grandma. Fine granddaughter and friend I am!!

Israel also got a haircut while we were home. I like to know people who are handy with scissors. As I am particularly inept with them. Shorn child eating fresh corn on the cob, which he adored.We headed back home on Thursday morning. Thanks SOOOOO much Mom and Dad for your help with the boys.

Here are some more pictures of late:

Gabe fell fast asleep on our bed the other Sunday.
The Snorch was being particularly snorchy the other day. :) I just had to take a picture of her.
The boys wanted a bath in the sink the other day. :) Little cheesies.

No comments: