Thursday, May 22, 2008

Shoot Gun

"Mommy, tomorrow can we go hunting?"

"What, Gabe?"

"Tomorrow, can we go hunting?"

Laughs. "No, babe."

"But I want to go hunting!!"

"Well, maybe when you are a little older, you can go hunting with Uncle Quentin."

"What did you say?" (eagerly)

"I said, maybe when you get a little bigger, you can go hunting with Uncle Quentin."

"Does he have a water gun or a shoot gun?"

Silent laughter. "He has a shoot gun." I love this phrase, "shoot gun".

"Yeah, I don’t have a shoot gun here, not at my new house."

Thinking to self - "Yes, and that would be opposed to ALL the shoot guns we left at the old house....???." The mind of a boy is a mysterious thing, filled with dinosaurs, shoot guns, and lots of smashing noises.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carrie-
I've never commented on here, but I recently subscribed to your blog through Google reader and enjoy your updates.

My website/blog is at www.freewebs.com/kendraheatwole, if you're interested.

=)Kendra

StuckeyBlog said...

I'm glad my boy isn't the only one! He's into "shooting snowballs." I'm not sure where he got that idea. And I would LOVE for the dinosaur roaring to become extinct. :)

StuckeyBlog said...

Grandpa Norm wants Gabe to know that he can take him hunting some time...later. :)

Anonymous said...

Maybe its the age. . Blake is fascinated with guns. . but he calls it a "shotting gun" :). Janice